Chartering / Operations / Post Fixture
This department is handling the commercial management of a modern fleet of single-deck bulk carriers and box shaped vessels. Next to the own vessels, MST operates vessels on time- and/or voyage-charters.
The size of the ships ranges from 1,000 to 38,000 mts deadweight carrying capacity.
The trading routes of all MST owned or chartered vessels mainly stretch from the US East Coast and the East Coast of Canada to the US Gulf, the Canadian West Coast, South America, the Caribbean and Europe including the Mediterranean Sea, North Sea and the Baltic Sea. In winter, we also do serve the St. Lawrence River and Scandinavia with ice-class ships. World wide trading can be offered but is not our core business.
A skilled and experienced team is managing the full day-to-day shipping business.
Services rendered include:
- Chartering of ships on voyage or time-charter
- Cargo bookings on voyage basis or Contracts of Affreightment for longer periods (CoA’s)
- Operations and Post-fixture i.e. instructions for the vessels, coordination and follow-up between captains, ship-owners, agents and stevedores in loading and discharging ports to ensure smooth cargo operations, freight / demurrage/ despatch calculations and settlements, port disbursement settlements
- Market information and freight cost estimations for customers
- Our forwarding department can organise on-transportation to any final destination required either by barge, container, rail or truck
These services are not only offered to in-house vessels but are available to interested 3rd parties, too. MST offers tailor-made shipping solutions with the fleet to meet the demand of the industry. All vessels are able to load a variety of cargoes on a full or part cargo basis.
Typical cargoes carried are, but not limited to, kaolin, ores, grain products, fertilizers, steels, alumina, furnace slag, iron sulphate, coal and petcoke.